THE YEAR 2010

We will remain confident in the Lord's direction for our lives....

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Contentment

The "newness" of California is wearing off and I am really kind of ready to take residence back up in Texas - Huey Drive would be fine. I know I have friends there. Those to chat, laugh, and cry with. Those that love my husband and kids. Kiddos for Dylan and Jaydon to play with. I know exactly where Garth works and what he does. I can follow along in a conversation about his work because I know the people he works with and what they do also. I know my family can reach me or me get to them in 6 hours. I was COMFORTABLE.


Don't get me wrong, California is great. The terrain is beautiful. The weather is great. There are more than enough things to do... pools, playgrounds, etc. But, I'm not comfortable yet.

However with this rambling I do know that I am not to live in the past. We have be placed here at this appointed time by God for His reasons. I have to be content in that. I recently heard a sermon out of Matthew about Jesus healing the leper after coming down from the Mount. Basically the leper asks Jesus to heal him if it is His will. The leper fully believed Jesus could heal him, but was content (there's that word again) if He didn't because He knew Jesus' will for him was the most fulfilling way. I've read and heard this many times, but this time it hit me in a different way. I need to apply the leper's words to my life. "Lord, you have placed me here. For what reason I do not know. I know you could take me "home", but I want your will to prevail. Help me to be content where you have placed me and keep me looking forward to the things to come." I have been dwelling on these thoughts for this area of my life and my physical life. I hope that I can become so saturated with Jesus that I am content no matter where I am, who I know, or how I feel. I am such a work in progress.

Thanks for letting me share. I will share more pics and happenings from Cali soon. Tonight is "Aldrich Hang-out night". We are starting to take 2 nights a month where we get some one-on-one time with the boys. Tonight, Garth gets Dylan and I get Jaydon. Next time, we switch. I thought it would be a good idea to give them each some alone time where we can focus on them individually. I'll let you know how it went.

Till next time or next lesson learned......

No comments: