THE YEAR 2010

We will remain confident in the Lord's direction for our lives....

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Dishwasher Uses

There have been many times I have wanted to sit down and blog about something, but I just couldn't get myself to sit down and do it!!!  So because of that I will give you a snapshot of what you have missed because of my laziness.

1.  I am now a coffee drinker.  I know - I can't believe it either.  I like those iced coffees. Especially the iced vanilla coffee from McDonald's of all places.  I have started making a version of them at the house to save Garth's hard earned $.  I also enjoy mochas.  We even bought an espresso maker, so we could make them ourselves.  If it ever gets below 90 degrees around here, I think I will enjoy using it.

2.  I enjoy a good walk or jog.  I used to hate working out.  Something about our coach dropping us off 2 miles from the school and then driving behind us telling us to pick it up - that just steals the joy.  Now I get joy in a good 2-3 mile walk or jog.  Maybe it has something to do with my health.  I don't know how long I have to be active, so I may as well enjoy it now.  I also think I am a better wife and mom because I take a few minutes out of the day to do something for myself.

3.  I can't believe the nature of our dinner conversations now.  I never thought I would be at a point in my life where I was truly concerned with a presidential election and the state of the economy.  I obviously have always wanted the best for the country and the economy, but I never imagined that I would be discussing the topics of the day.  On that note - we have a McCain/Palin sign in our yard.  I'm really not that type of in your face, let everyone know what I think person, but I just feel this election is too important.  Unless things change, it appears Obama is the winner, but I am at peace (I never said I liked it or wouldn't do my share of complaining) because of the following:
Psalm 2:10-12

Now then, you kings, act wisely!
Be warned, you rulers of the earth!
Serve the Lord with reverent fear,
and rejoice with trembling.
Submit to God's royal son, or he will become angry, 
and you will be destroyed in the midst of all your activities-
for his anger flares up in an instant.
But what joy for all who take refuge in him!

The words to cling to are - But what joy for all who take refuge in him!  No matter what happens in this old world, we are called to cling to him - Jesus Christ!

Enough of the catch up blogging.  There were many other topics and thoughts, but I will save those for another day.

My real reason for this post is how the uses of your dishwasher change when you have a toddler.  Today my dishwasher has been a dishwasher, a zoo for a giraffe, a landing strip for an airplane and a race track for a car.  Oh the joys!!!  These pics show the dishwasher play and Jaydon using a tape recorder as a camera to take a pic of me.  Cheese, Mom!!

 











1 comment:

Marquita said...

THANKS FOR THE UPDATE. LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU NEXT WEEK!!!