THE YEAR 2010

We will remain confident in the Lord's direction for our lives....

Friday, April 24, 2009

Trust in the Lord???? Seriously????

I admit it.  I'm kind of an after-the-fact girl.  I sit and wonder and worry about how things are going to work out.  I may say I know God has it under control, but deep down (sadly) I still question his abilities.  I know, I know - an area that is under construction.

Well just this week I received a couple of revelations of how God has had his hands on us.  Its as if he was leaning down from heaven whispering in my ear - "I told you so" (in the sweetest, Fatherly way possible of course).  

Moving out to California was not the easiest thing I have ever had to do.  I am a small town, conservative Texas girl.  What ever will I do in the land of craziness???  Well, we are living smack dab in the middle of probably the most conservative area in SoCal.  Its really great.  Other than being too far from TX, I'm digging living here.  Anyways, I have two quick examples of how God has shown me He is with us.

1.  Dylan is in a public school.  It's one of the best in the area.  He had a really hard time adjusting, but is doing great.  When we moved out here last June we had no idea about teachers.  We didn't put in a teacher request.  All we could do was pray (and worry) for the best.  Well, I have learned over the last few months, that is exactly what he got - the BEST.  Mrs. Owen and Mrs. Moore are fantastic teachers.  They have nurtured Dylan to help him overcome his problems and helped him to grow and learn intellectually.  Most importantly though, I have discovered that they are both believers in Jesus.  Can you believe it?  Out of like seven 1st grade classes - we have been blessed as parents to know Dylan's teachers love Jesus.  How great is that???

2.  Since we moved in June, and of course school hadn't started yet, we didn't know anybody.  I mean not a soul did we really meet until Dylan started school.  We went to the pool almost everyday to pass a couple of hours.  Well, there was a really sweet woman there named Ms. Sue doing laps every morning.  Dylan, being the friendly guy he is, struck up a conversation with Ms. Sue.  From then on she was his pool buddy.  He would patiently wait for her to finish her laps and then she would take the time to play with him.  They would chat and play water games together.  The summer progressed and she would talk about her nephew and niece that she wanted Dylan to meet.  Well, school started and the early day pool visits stopped, so we never saw Ms. Sue again - until last night.  Dylan had Open House at school.  As we were leaving, I saw a woman in front of us walking and asked Dylan - "Is that Ms. Sue?"  Sure enough it was.  I couldn't believe it!!!  She gave Dylan a big hug and a big smile.  Crazy enough - Ms. Sue is the aunt of some friends we go to church with - and Dylan totally knows her nephews and nieces.  

These are just simple examples of God's hand on our family.  It has been fun to reflect back and see him working.  My prayer is that I will begin to just expect and trust Him to work all things out for good.  I hope this is encouraging to you and you take the time to reflect on the ways God has worked in your life.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding.  In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight."  Proverbs 3:5-6

2 comments:

ChellieT said...

Thank you for sharing your observations! I too struggle with "trusting" God, and it takes reflecting on the past few years to see that God is always there and always guiding us closer to Him. I knew God would eventually bless Troy and I with a child, and I am glad I trusted Him because Lyla is a blessing and I'm thankful God chose me to be her mom.

Anonymous said...

Awww, that is sweet. I am so glad to serve a God whom knows our fears and circumstances and we can trust He has our best intrest at heart.