THE YEAR 2010

We will remain confident in the Lord's direction for our lives....

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Weekend update

I just wanted to post an Aldrich update.

We finished up Spring Break.  Saturday we went to Starbuck's for breakfast.  For some reason it was on Dylan's "things to do list".  The boys enjoyed a yummy doughnut and Garth and I had our usual mochas.  It was a beautiful morning so we sat outside and took in the sunshine for a bit.  After breakfast we went downtown to the weekly Farmer's Market.  It was so much fun.  I can't wait to visit again.  There were people there with fresh honey, fruit, veggies, and nu
ts.  Others had fresh flowers and plants for sale.  The best part was almost every booth had samples so we had the sweetest strawberries, delicious freshly squeezed oj, fresh walnuts, smoked salmon, raw cheese, and our first blood red orange.  We all had a good time and of course had to pick up some delicious organic kettle corn.  That was a hit with the boys.  That night we met the Moore's for some yogurt at the infamous Yogurt Island and then hit the hay!!!  By the way, we spent the entire day in the Jeep.  (I had to get the ol' Expo an oil change.)  It was great fun to dart around in the Jeep for the day.

Sunday we went to church to enjoy a wonderful Palm Sunday service.  I LOVE Palm Sunday - the excitement and expectancy!!!  The service was a bit different, but absolutely glorious.  It was basically a total worship service - beautiful worship songs, communion, explanation of the purpose of our celebration, and ending with baptisms.  You couldn't have asked for a more special way to share a Palm Sunday service.  We had lunch with some friends at Rosa's and then headed to San Diego with our tour guides - the Moore's.  We rode a trolley from a Fashion Village (come back in June Nissy, I found us a shopping spot) to downtown San Diego.  We went right down by Petco Stadium and then walked around downtown.  We found lots of neat looking restaurants to try and found a new mall to try out soon.  It was a great way to end Spring Break.

Dylan started back to school yesterday.  We were all a bit blah.  I hated to have to get back into the routine of things.  I can't believe in only 10 weeks I will have a second grader.  It will go by fast I know.  We signed Dylan up for flag football through the Boy's and Girl's club.  The season doesn't actually start for a couple of weeks, but assessments were yesterday.  Dylan had a great time.  The little guy loves football - LOVES IT.  I hope he has a fun time playing and if he really does love it, then I pray he gets some meat on those bones so he can really play in the future.  I will post pictures and video as we compile it.

I also wanted to share a reading outline we received at church for this week.  I know I am a couple of days behind in posting, but it is quick reading and you can catch up.  Garth and I have enjoyed sharing this time together in the Bible before we go to bed.  I hope you will share in the reading leading up to Easter.

Sunday
Matthew 21:1-11; Mark 11:1-11; Luke 19:28-44; John 12:12-19

Monday
Matthew 21:12-19; Mark 11:12-19; Luke 19:45-46; John 12:20-50

Tuesday
Matthew 21:20-26:2; Mark 11:20-14:2; Luke 19:47-21:38

Wednesday
Matthew 26:3-16; Mark 14:3-11; Luke 22:1-6; John 12:2-8

Thursday
Matthew 26:17-46; Mark 14:12-42; Luke 22:7-46; John 13:1-18:1

Friday
Matthew 26:47-27:61; Mark 14:43-15:47; Luke 22:47-23:56; John 18:2-19:42

Saturday
Matthew 27:62-66

Sunday
Matthew 28:1-15; Mark 16:1-18; Luke 24:1-49; John 20:1-23

We are planning a Seder meal for one day this week.  We shared in one together a couple of years ago and we really want to do it again.  It is like a tradition Jewish Seder meal, but with a Christian spin on things.  It can be a really special time.  We hope to someday be able to share it with our friends and family.  If we do actually get in accomplished I will share pictures and how things went.

Well, enjoy this wonderful week.  I know I am.  I am really enjoying the anticipation leading up to Easter - more than normal.  God is so good and we have much reason to celebrate.  

PRAISE JESUS - HE IS RISEN!!  GLORY TO HIS HOLY NAME!

Have a most blessed week. 

By the way - Am I blessed or what?  I just had to share these cute pictures from our Starbuck's breakfast!!

No comments: