1. I am reading my Bible - in case anyone was wondering. I try to read it daily and have probably missed about 5 days since I started. I am currently caught up with my daily reading. I find myself wanting to read the Bible now. I do have a problem though with wanting to remember the things that speak to me. I think I need a journal or something to collect those passages and then the disciple to note it.
2. The most recent verse that spoke to me was Proverbs 4:9. The chapter is talking about wisdom and how it is supreme and the benefits of it. Well, I long to live this life and deal with issues in a way that exemplify grace. I feel that most of the time, I just trudge through and hope for the best not always handling myself appropriately. So I read Prov. 4:9 and it says "She will set a garland of grace on your head, and present you with a crown of splendor." BAM!!! Hit me like a ton of bricks. By gaining wisdom through reading the living word of God, I receive my garland of grace!!! Bring it on! So I will continue to read, learn and grow.
3. Today, I'm thinking parenting isn't that great. Why don't I want to play with my 3 year old every minute of the day?? Or, help my 2nd grader with his homework when he wants to do anything but homework?? Why does "I want to paint mommy" from Jaydon really mean I want you to sit here and I will tell you how and what to paint? Could I please get just a little bit excited about planning a Star Wars 8 year old birthday party?? Seriously!!! Most of all, could someone please tell me how many more years I have to endure this wonderful brotherly bickering? GEEZZ!!!
4. I'm sad that we missed another year at the State Fair of Texas with the family. We'll be back one day Big Tex...
5. I miss my little pregnant sister. Landon is growing so much and I experience it through pictures and iChat. As Napoleon Dynomite's brother Kip said, "I love technology." We are just about one month away from our nephew's arrival. I can't wait to meet him.
6. I am in anticipation of what God is doing the the LAW family. I am not in the heat or front lines of any of it, but watching the puzzle pieces come together is so exciting. It is great to see the Lord working in my parents' lives. About the time you would think they would start slowing down a bit, God had something else in store. I anticipate lots of wonderful stories developing the the future.
7. Our little family is thinking about things and dealing with situations I never thought we would encounter. We are praying for perfect timing, direction, and protection.
8. I am loving this fall weather that finally arrived in Southern California.
9. Last but not least on the list of randomness - What is for dinner???