THE YEAR 2010

We will remain confident in the Lord's direction for our lives....

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A short note to my little sis

Dear Nissy -

I can't believe you are about to be a Mommy. I am about to go crazy because every time my phone rings now, I think it could be you or someone calling to tell me you are in labor. I know you want little Landon to hold off another week or so, but I just don't know how much longer I can take it. It seems just like yesterday that you sat across my dining table and announced you were pregnant. I will never forget that special moment and am so glad it worked where you could tell me in person. Then you guys found out you were having a boy and I got to see pictures and the video of my sweet little nephew. I have enjoyed watching Dylan and Jaydon talk about having a boy cousin. Dylan says there are no girls allowed in the cousins room in CO. And Jaydon is looking forward for Baby Landon to escape from the cave. I am sad that I haven't been closer to watch him grow and been able to go with you to register for your stuff or be at your baby showers, but I am thankful for Ichats and pictures and phone calls. I am sad that I won't be in the waiting room when he arrives and one of the first to hold him, but I will be there as soon as I can.

I just want you know that I think you are going to be a fantastic mom. It is going to be fun watching you and Blake begin the journey of parenthood. You are blessed to have God as the center of your little family and as long as He remains there everything will be good, not always fun or easy or even perfect, but it will be good. God has entrusted you with little Landon because He knows you guys need Landon and Landon needs you. Try to relax and enjoy the parenthood ride. It continuously has its ups and downs, and I am learning that it never stops, but it is also something you wouldn't trade for the world.

I'm looking forward to the phone call. I can't wait to board a plane headed for TX to meet Landon when he arrives. Thank you so much for making me an aunt!! I can't wait to jump into that role.

You are dearly loved and I am blessed to have you as my little sister. Can you believe the next time I see you - you will be a MOMMY!!! I am so thankful we will now get to share that Motherhood bond. Sweet times, sweet times.

I love you!!

Lynita

2 comments:

lanissa said...

I read this last night and just cried, of course. This is a note that I will always treasure. Thank you for taking the time to write it. I don't think I ever truly realized what an awesome big sis you were until you moved two time zones away. Although I wish you could have been closer to enjoy this experience with me, & I wish that your whole family could meet Landon in the hospital, I'm thankful for the time we've had together and the timing where we could share some of the most special moments. Tell your boys thank you for letting you come out here with no notice. It means the world to me, and we're counting down the days til Dec. 21 when they'll get to kiss and hold Landon, too. But, we'll definitely iChat from the hospital room :) You're going to love being an Aunt. It's the greatest! I've had 8 years of experience, so I know! Ok, I'm crying again. Hopefully we'll get to call you soon! Love you so much!!!

heidi said...

Lynita... I know this was written to your sister, but I just wanted to tell you just how wonderful your letter was.... I have missed my sister for more than 20 years now, wishing for these exact moments. And all too often I meet people who have sisters and they just don't "like" each other. It breaks my heart.

But on the other hand, when I see sisterly bonds like you have with your sister... ones that are filled with love and excitement, and ultimatley the bond of Christ.... I cry tears of joy!

Thank you for letting me see a glimpse of your sister relationship! What a true gift and blessing!

Much love to you, my friend.