THE YEAR 2010

We will remain confident in the Lord's direction for our lives....

Monday, August 18, 2008

Two BIG Events....

Jaydon is now TWO!!  We can't believe how quickly these two years have gone.  He is definitely a one-of-a-kind.  He is running around and talking.  He tries to do everything Dylan does.  He speaks with one volume level and it is loud.  He loves motorcycles.  Actually he likes to play with anything that has wheels.  Rarely is he without a toy in each hand.  Like his big brother he has a special blanket he can't do without.  His favorite word is "NO".  He doesn't like it when people get in his space.  He likes life to happen on his terms.  He can throw a serious tantrum.  He has the bluest eyes and the cutest chubby cheeks.  Most importantly God gave Jaydon to us, and we feel so blessed to be his parents.  We have so enjoyed watching him grow these first two years and look forward to watching many, many more.  You are SO loved, Jaydon.  

Now to Dylan.  Today is his first day of First Grade.  Craziness!!!  We can't believe we have a 2 year old and a 1st grader.  Last 
night he was so excited.   He could hardly sit still and Garth and I chuckled when we overheard him say - "I love school."  We'll see how he feels as the years click by.  He got ready this morning and the nerves were showing.  I can't blame him.  I was a bit n
ervous myself.  A brand new school, kids, teachers.  Everything different from what we know.  We loaded Jaydon in the stroller and he got on his scooter and off to school we went.  There were people everywhere.  We found his class and met his teachers.  He 
introduced himself and sat at his seat and began coloring.  He was really pretty cool.  I stayed for a bit and forced myself to leave him in strangers hands for the day.  Jaydon wasn't too excited to leave him.  As we left I felt better though because I heard him telling one of his teachers he 
was a MX racer.  It didn't take him long to get in his element and start the stories.   We walked back home and all I knew to do was pray for him.  If I can't be with him, I need to know that Jesus is.  This parenting thing just doesn't seem to get any easier.



Its just Jaydon and I at home now and boy is it quite.  I'm glad for the break from Dylan, but today 3:20 can't come fast enough.   We'll keep you posted on the school happenings.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Has anyone ever told you that you are a great writer. I love to read your posts. If you ever get the chance send pictures of your house and your neighborhood. Lots of love from our family to yours. Jessica