THE YEAR 2010

We will remain confident in the Lord's direction for our lives....

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

From Pre-schoolers to Mammograms

This has been my Tuesday:

I had my first meeting with the MOPS table leaders today.  It was great to see the women's faces I would be working with and get to know each other a bit.  It was also good to catch the vision of our coordinator.  I think this is an exciting ministry to be a part of and am looking forward to things starting up this fall.  

I have to admit, that I was feeling a bit old during our get together.  Only two other mom's have older children in school.  Everyone else is truly in that Pre-school or younger stage with their children.

So, I had to leave early to make that dreaded yearly woman's check up.  I had Jaydon in tow because everyone else had something today too.  He just sat and played with this Star War's bucket.  He did great.  The doctor comes in and does the exam.  She asks about family history of breast cancer and I explain.  At the end, she asks if I would like to have a mammogram done.  WHAT???  Of course, I don't want a mammogram done.  Who does?  My mom and grandmothers have those done.  She explains that she doesn't detect anything wrong, but I am a candidate for an early mammogram because of family history.  

Talk about two extremes.  One minute I'm talking to mommies about their pre-schoolers and the next minute I am setting up an appointment for a mammogram.  And this all happened before noon.  I thought turning 30 was hard, but I am still reeling and in disbelief that I have a mammogram appoint set up for next Friday.  

Good grief!!!  At this rate, they'll be scheduling a colonoscopy tomorrow.  

Hi!  My name is Lynita Aldrich and I have entered the world of the yearly mammogram.  That just stinks!!!!!!

I feel a bit better now that I have shared.  Thanks for listening.

3 comments:

lanissa said...

Thanks for the heads up. I'll be sure to keep my family history a secret, at least until I'm 40!

ChellieT said...

Hi my name is Chellie, I'm 33 years old and I have to get a colonoscopy every 3 years to keep a check on my Crohn's disease...yep I feel old! I feel your pain.

Anonymous said...

That makes me laugh so hard...i think the neighbors can hear me!!!Jessica N