THE YEAR 2010

We will remain confident in the Lord's direction for our lives....

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

TTT

I've got a great one for you today!!  It is nothing fancy at all, but it is all so good.  Last night we had rice bowls and roasted sweet potatoes for dinner.

The rice bowls were very tasty.  I will give you a run down of what we had in them, but really you can tweak it to fit your taste buds.

Rice Bowls

Rice (we had brown)
Beans (we had black and refried to choose from)
Guacamole
Salsa
Cheese

Thats it!!  Grab you a bowl.  Layer it with rice, beans, guacamole, salsa, and cheese.  Eat!!!

I had some leftover brown rice that needed to be eaten, so this was a great way to get rid of it.  Garth and I both used black beans, but I think refried would have worked too.  I made fresh guacamole and salsa.  You could also add chicken, beef, green chilies, some veggies - really anything you would like to toss in.

Roasted Sweet Potatoes

Sweet Potatoes
Salt
Maple Syrup
Butter

Cut up the sweet potatoes kind of like steak fries.  Place in a bowl and sprinkle with salt.  Melt butter and maple syrup together.   Pour over the potatoes and toss.  Place potatoes on greased cookie sheet just not too crowded.  Pour remaining maple syrup/butter mixture over the potatoes.  Place in 425 degree oven and bake until they start to brown.  (I didn't pay any attention to the time - sorry.) 

These were a delight.  I think next time I will not cut them up so fat.  I think a bit thinner and crispier would have even been better.  Once again, its all up to you. 

So, give these a try.  They are both so easy, yet delicious.  And go out on a limb and make your own guacamole and salsa.  You will taste the difference and be so glad you did.  This would be a great party dish too.  Just set out all the options and let people build their own.

BTW - Just two more sleeps till TEXAS, but who's counting????

2 comments:

Marquita said...

lANISSA AND I ARE COUNTING - LOVE - MOM

Anonymous said...

Yum Yum, i love ttt! I wish i was meeting you for the girls weekend. Have a wonderful time and dont worry about a thing. They will all make it just fine and if they dont....its not your problem...they can go down to the local burger place. Love ya girl, have a blast!JessicaN.