THE YEAR 2010

We will remain confident in the Lord's direction for our lives....

Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day Weekend

I hope all you Mom's and Mom's-to-be had a wonderful weekend.  We sure did.  

Garth arrived back on Friday.  We are all glad to have him home.  The house just seems to run better when he is here.

On Saturday Dylan had another football game.  We FINALLY played a team of little boys like the Vikings.  Dylan caught a pass and ran it in for a touchdown.  It was one of those passes where he is covered well and kind of fumbles it a bit before securing it and running it in for the score.  Great focus that Dylan has.  :)  So the game is tied and we we enter sudden death.  The other team had a chance to score first.  They were denied.  Our turn.  Dylan lines up at quarterback.  He gets the ball and just lets it sit there behind his head.  Its the old Statue of Liberty play.  A little guy runs up behind him, grabs the ball, and runs it in for a touchdown.  The Vikings win.  Yep, finally a win.  Dylan did the happy dance - We win, we win.  (Garth nipped that real quick.)  Lots of high five's and smiles all around.

Some friends were camping this weekend down at the beach in Carlsbad, so we went down to join them for the afternoon.  We took the boys down to the beach and they had so much fun.  It was a bit chilly, but Dylan didn't care at all.  He loved playing in the ocean with this buddies.  Jaydon was content just playing with is Star Wars bucket of toys in the  sand.  As we were leaving the water to head back to the campsite we saw a few dolphins jumping up out of the water.  It was a cool experience.  Back at the site we enjoyed dinner and the boys continued to play with their friends.  Garth and Ben played their guitars and we ended the night with s'mores by the campfire.

I was blessed Sunday with a great Mother's Day with my boys.  We had lunch at PF Chang's.  It was so good and a real treat because it wasn't fast food or Rosa's.  We spent the rest of the day just hanging out.  It was a great way the spend the day.

I am so blessed to be called "MOM".  I admit that I get worn down by the job at times, but I do love my boys.  I feel honored that God entrusted these little treasures to me to raise.  Dylan and Jaydon - Thank you for making me a mom.  I'm so glad you are mine and I love you more than life itself.

With that said, I have the pleasure this week of having some time away from my little boys.  I get to go to Texas for Buddo's graduation from Baylor.  We are so proud of him and his many accomplishments while there.  I can't believe we are all graduated.  I also get some much anticipated time with my mom and my little "mom-to-be" sister.  I can't wait.  I know the time will be wonderful and will pass too quickly.  Please keep me in your prayers as I travel and Garth and the boys in your prayers that things will go well ( I would love to do it again sometime). :)  

Have a wonderful week.

No comments: