THE YEAR 2010

We will remain confident in the Lord's direction for our lives....

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Texas Weekend

I'm back in California!!!

I had a wonderful weekend in Texas visiting my family.  Garth did a great job with the boys.  We are also blessed with wonderful friends who gave their time and energy to make sure the boys were taken care of on Thursday.

My flight was delayed about 2 hours getting out of San Diego because of storms in Dallas.  I arrived about 5 p.m. and was met by my mom and sister.  Let the fun girl time begin.  We hit one mall for a bit of shopping before getting to my parents' house.  Nissy took Friday off, so we both stayed at mom and dad's and woke up the next day for a full day of fun.  We headed up to Northpark Mall and did some maternity shopping for Nissy, shopped for the boys, and for me of course.  I may have found my new favorite store to shop - Anthropology.  It was a joy to be with two of my favorite women for some much needed girl time.  I hope to do it again sometime - sooner than later.

Saturday was the big day!!!  We celebrated Buddo graduating from Baylor University and my parents success in sending all three of their children through college.  (We are pretty blessed kids.)  I have missed a lot of Buddo's "stuff".  I am so glad I got to see him walk across that stage and receive his diploma he worked so hard for.  I am so proud of him and all his accomplishments while in college.  I know the future is still a bit unsettled, but I pray the Lord will continue to bless his life and use him to be a blessing to those around him.  After the ceremony we headed over to Blake and Nissy's for "gut packs".  If you know my brother, you know this is so fitting.  A gut pack consists of Fritos, sausage, beef, beans, cheese, onions, peppers, and pickles.  If that doesn't say Buddo, I don't know what does.  It was great visiting with some dear family friends and family.

Then Sunday came all too soon and I was back on a plane to California.

Thanks for letting me spend a weekend away, Garth.  I truly am glad I was able to see Buddo graduate.  It was also so nice to spend some time with my sis and mom.  It was kind of like a recharge for my battery.  It was quite freeing to do some things for myself by myself.  Thanks for managing the boys while I was gone and not complaining about it.  I know it can be trying at times.  I know the boys enjoyed their special time with Dad.  Now, maybe sometime soon we can have some time together without the boys.  What fun that would be!!!  I love you and thank you.


No comments: