THE YEAR 2010

We will remain confident in the Lord's direction for our lives....

Monday, August 31, 2009

Challenge #1 - 2 weeks down

How is everyone doing with the 30 Days Green Smoothie Challenge?

I am prepared to give an honest report of the last two weeks:

1.  Drink at least 16 oz. of green smoothie a day

I was doing so great until this past weekend.  I had one every day up to Saturday and Sunday.  I have missed two days so far of drinking a green smoothie.  I find the weekends are harder for me to stay on track.  I think it is because we get out of our everyday routine.  I also let my fridge get quite bare and I find it harder to make my smoothies if I don't have a well stocked fridge.

2.  Do some sort of activity for 15 minutes ever day.

Nailed this one so far.  It really helps that I walk Dylan to and from school, so if I get no other exercise the rest of the day I at least got that.  On the weekends I get a little walk in or ride my bike.

3.  Add a salad with lunch or dinner.

Once again, so good until the weekend.  I think I have had a salad at least once, sometimes twice a day up until this weekend.  Once again, out of routine and an empty fridge.  However, I can now manage a salad without ANY salad dressing.  :)

4.  Stop drinking pop.

I didn't drink soda in the first place.  Check!!!

5.  Cut out all white sugar.

I have failed here.  The first couple of weeks I was doing so good.  Then I watched the boys and a couple other cuties so Garth could go to a movie and he brought me back an iced mocha.  I gave in.  I am so weak I know.  Other than that I have managed to go to an ice cream social, birthday party, and MOPS meetings and say NO to all the yummy looking sugar-filled treats.

So there you have it.  Today is a new day and I have already downed my green smoothie for the day.  I am hoping to get to Costco today for bulk fruits and veggies.  I also need to find something to snack on to keep those sugar cravings at bay.

I hope you are having better success than me.  Stick with it and the benefits will so out-weight that delicious iced mocha you are craving - OR at least that is what they tell me.  :)



No comments: